Friday 21 November 2008

A busy week of normality.

Life is pretty hectic at the moment, nothing special but it's all go. I taught a class at 'the boxing clinic' last week. It was good fun and a bit of a culture shock for some of the punters. At the end of the class a few of the clients came up to me and asked me where I was from and before I could tell them I was from North London they had already decided I had come from Hell!!! I aim to please. They also commented on me on the companies blog saying, in no uncertain terms, that I am a horrible little man. Job well done, but being described as unsympathetic hurt, I have feelings you know.

At the fun factory, Islington Fire Station, we have 2 new guys now. 1 is a brummie who I struggle to understand, worst accent in the world. Good lad, though not the sharpest tool in the box. He has been with us 3 months and is settling in well. Just this week we got another new guy, he too is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. On his first day he forgot to shave, then when he was pulled up on this matter he tried to pretend he had. Unfortunately the facial hair gave it away!! The 2nd day on a drill he messed up unceremoniously but this has been put down to nerves, not by me, I attribute it to uselessness!!! On his first night he went to bed at 2230, stand down doesn't begin til' midnight. So, all in all, not the brightest of starts but at least it can only improve for him. Now we have dumb and dumber on the watch it could be quite a fun place to be. I have decided to embrace work and enjoy it as much as I can, no point in moping around, life's too short. With the arrival of dumb and dumber the dynamic of the watch has changed too, now the young blokes, myself included, match the fossils. Thank god for that.

No comments: